1. That I won't accomplish/reach my goals and dreams. Even though I know this fear to be unfounded (because I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make my dreams a reality), the fear of failure still creeps up sometimes.
2. Not existing. I hope I'll make peace with this one day. But right now, it still terrifies me.
3. Spiders. Ever since I read that the average human swallows 4 spiders in their sleep, I check all corners of the ceiling before falling asleep.
4. Being alone at home after dark. Now that I live in an apartment, I don't mind being home by myself. But when I lived with my parents in their big house, I'd turn on all the lights and cringe at every creak of the floors. I blame my obsession with serial killers...I've read so many stories and watched so many movies that any dark corner evokes a small fear.
5. Skydiving. This is something my man has been asking me to do with him for quite some time. And I just can't bring myself to say yes. What if the parachute doesn't open?? Then we're at #2.
6. Not being able to see my grandparents again before they pass away. Although it gives me good reason to travel, I hate that my family (other than my immediate family) is all in Europe (Armenia and Latvia, for the most part). I don't see them nearly enough. It is so hard to see them for only two weeks at a time, after two years apart. The distance makes the time go by so much faster, and it seems every time I visit they age more. I pray everyday for their good health, and for the chance to see them many more times.
7. Not seeing all of the world. There is so much I want to see, so many cities I have yet to see, so much history tucked into every crevice of the world....the thought that we have ONE lifetime to see it all is almost anxiety inducing. And a great incentive (as if I need one) to travel as often as possible.
8. That after reading these eight fears you'll think I am completely paranoid/a scaredy cat. I'm not, I promise. But it is scary to put my fears out there.
What are your fears?